Smoked Rapeseed Oil Recipes
We feel that our smoked rapeseed oil is one of our most versatile. It is delicious on its own for dipping and drizzling, but it has hundreds of uses to add something special to many dishes. Lots of our customers have been telling us about the unique ways they have been using our smoked rapeseed oil and we have shared some of these with you below.
- Add a drizzle of smoked rapeseed oil and fresh lemon to avocado for a fresh take on avocado on toast.
- Toast brushetta in the smoked rapeseed oil then add some sun blushed tomatoes and rocket
- Mix smoked rapeseed oil with honey and soy sauce and use to marinade pork or salmon.
Here is a quick and simple recipe for you to use our smoked rapeseed oil. The smoked flavoured oil in this dish really adds an extra depth of flavour which makes the dish perfect.
Serves 2-4 depending on portion size.
- 2 potatoes
- 1 onion
- 1 can chopped tomatoes
- 2-4 tbs of smoked rapeseed oil
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 tsp chilli flakes (or to taste)
- 1 tsp paprika
- Cube potatoes and roast in the oven with 1 tbs of our smoked or garlic rapeseed oil
- Finely chop the onion and garlic cloves and heat through in a pan with 2 tbs of the smoked rapeseed oil (more oil can be added later for a more intense smokey flavour)
- Allow the garlic and onions to cook through for a few minutes before adding the paprika and chilli. Cook for a further 3 minutes to allow the flavours to combine.
- Add in the tin of chopped tomatoes and cook through on a light simmer for 10 minutes. Taste and add in extra smoked oil, chilli or paprika to taste. If you feel more garlic is required a drizzle of Brock and Morten rapeseed oil can be added, rather than more raw garlic at this stage.
- Once the potatoes are golden and crispy (this should take around 20-30 minutes) remove from the oven and cover with the tomato mixture.
- Enjoy with a dollop of creme fraiche.
A great tapas accompaniment to the patatas bravas is simple fresh king prawns cooked in Brock and Morten garlic rapeseed oil, chilli flakes and fresh lemon juice.