Christmas Recipes - Cakes & Puddings
It's that time of year when we are planning our festive feasts. Below we are sharing with you some of our favourite Christmas treats which are all made using Brock and Morten rapeseed oil. We hope you enjoy using these recipes and if you make any please do share your pictures with us on social media by tagging us in the photo.
75g Brock & Morten rapeseed oil
75g glacé cherries
75g self-raising flour
½ tsp ground cinnamon Powder
50g sugar, light muscovado
1 lemon zest finally grated
1 orange zest finally grated
115g grated apples
115g grated carrots
10ml fresh lemon juice
112g beaten eggs
60ml brandy (to finish)
First soak the dried fruit in the brandy overnight.
Shake the cherries in the flour and add mixed spice, cinnamon, breadcrumbs & sugar.
Mix in the grated zest, apple and carrot along with the lemon juice. Add the soaked fruit.
Beat the eggs with the milk and molasses, slowly add to the mixture, stirring well. Mix gently but thoroughly. Add the rapeseed oil and also mix in well.
Spoon the pudding mix into a suitable ovenproof dishand cover with foil or pudding cloth, and then steam gently for 3hours.
Once cooked allow to cool and then wrap in foil and leave in a cool dry place until required.
Before reheating, prick the pudding several times and pour some more brandy over the top.
100ml Brock & Morten rapeseed oil
300g mixed fruit
200g self raising flour
1 tsp mixed spice
1. Place the fruit, sugar, oil, water and spice in a pan and simmer slowly with a lid on for 10-15mins
2. Allow to cool, then add a beaten egg and stir in the flour
3. Turn into a greased 15-18cm (6-7’’) cake tin
4. Bake for 1 ½ hours at 150c (300f)
Date and Pecan Cake
125ml Brock & Morten rapeseed oil
250g chopped dates
150ml boiling water
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
115g soft light brown sugar
2 eggs beaten
80g chopped pecans
80g glace cherries – halved
25g candied peel
25g chopped stem ginger
115g self raising flour
1. Soak the dates in boiling water with the bicarbonate of soda. Allow to cool
2. Stir in the sugar, oil, nuts, cherries, peel and ginger
3. Add beaten egg. Beat well. Stir in sieved self-raising flour
4. Pour in to 8’’/20cm square greased and lined cake tin
5. Bake for 45mins on 180c/350f. Less for a fan oven
6. When cooked and still hot pour over a syrup made from 115g soft brown sugar and 100ml water
Remember: Order our delicious rapeseed oil before 20th December to ensure it arrives in time for your Christmas dinner!