Product of the Month - Natural Rapeseed Oil
This month we are introducing you to our natural rapeseed oil. If you haven't tried Brock and Morten rapeseed oil before, this is a good place to start. It’s a Great Taste Award winner!
Cold pressed rapeseed oil has had so much publicity recently about the beneficial health properties that it has, especially over alternatives such as vegetable oils and sunflower oils. This publicity has seen more and more people opting for a cold pressed rapeseed oil to use in cooking and baking.
All of our rapeseed oil begin life as this natural product. We then enhance some with natural flavourings to add an extra delicious element to their use in cooking, or simply enjoying as dipping oils. The natural rapeseed oil is a firm favourite with our customers and we sell many of our larger volume bottles to restaurants across Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire and the rest of the UK.
Our oil seed rape crop is grown on our family farm in Ashford on the Water, close to Bakewell in Derbyshire. From our farm we also press and bottle the rapeseed oil, keeping the food miles extremely low and ensuring a 100% natural British product.
Most people choose our natural rapeseed oil for its versatility in cooking. It is ideal for roasting and frying as it has a high burning point of 220 ºc. The natural rapeseed oil has a subtle nutty and earthy flavour, which can complement many dishes, including use as a salad dressing. It is also ideal as an ingredient in baking breads and cakes.
A few reasons for you to use cold pressed rapeseed oil in your cooking and baking are:
- Rapeseed oil has half the saturated fat of olive oil
- Brock and Morten rapeseed oil is 100% British, grown and produced in Derbyshire by our own hands!
- With a high burning point of 220 ºc, rapeseed oil is considered a healthier alternative to other options such as vegetable, olive and sunflower oils.
- Rapeseed oil is rich in Vitamin E and Omega 3,6 & 9.
- Brock and Morten rapeseed oil contains no artificial preservatives or colours. That beautiful golden colour is all natural!
- Rapeseed oil can reduce cholesterol and reduce the risk of heart disease.
- The British Heart Foundation recommend the use of rapeseed oil.
You can buy our natural rapeseed oil in three sizes through our online shop. Alternatively, if you would like to meet us and find out more about our oils, have a look at our events calendar and see where you can find us in person.