At Brock and Morten we are big believers in eating well. We love food, but being artisan producers ourselves, we have a huge passion for food heritage and origin. We love to buy as locally as possible and we enjoy finding great producers in our area.
Our passion for food also extends to the additional benefits that our food can bring to us. Yes, the taste of it is always going to be important, but the myth that to eat healthy means bland and boring food is quickly becoming quickly forgotten.
Over the past few years, there has been a huge growth in healthy eating becoming fashionable, and we love it! We think it is incredibly important to re-educate ourselves about food and remember that it fuels us. What we put into our bodies is what our bodies then rely on to be able to keep us going throughout a day. It gives us energy, keeps us focused and helps us carry on with everything we have to fit into our lives on a daily basis.
Healthy Rapeseed Oil
Although we are always going to be a little bias with our rapeseed oil, we are passionate about what it brings to the table (literally) where healthy eating and the nutritional value of food is concerned. It is packed full of goodness that other oils just don't offer. It's because of this that you will see a lot of the health food celebrity chefs recommending rapeseed oil as an ingredient in their recipes.
Rapeseed Oil Health Facts
Below are some of the health facts about our rapeseed oils and why they are such a great ingredient to be including in your cooking and baking.
- Rapeseed oil has half the saturated fat of olive oil
- Brock and Morten rapeseed oil is 100% British, grown and produced in Derbyshire by our own hands!
- With a high burning point of 220 ºc, rapeseed oil is considered a healthier alternative to other options such as vegetable, olive and sunflower oils.
- Rapeseed oil is rich in Vitamin E and Omega 3,6 & 9.
- Brock and Morten rapeseed oil contains no artificial preservatives or colours. That beautiful golden colour is all natural!
- Rapeseed oil can reduce cholesterol and reduce the risk of heart disease.
- The British Heart Foundation recommend the use of rapeseed oil.