A Healthy 2018!
As usual with a new year, most of us have started it with the best intentions of being healthy. Rather than over commit to something we are likely to give up on after a short period of time, we try to set a few goals which include some small but meaningful lifestyle changes each year.
A great lifestyle change that you could integrate into your healthier 2018 is to use rapeseed oil within your cooking, baking and diet as a whole. With a whole range of flavored rapeseed oils as well as our popular natural oil, we have something to suit every meal. Not only do we think the taste is much better than other cooking oils, but the health benefits of our oils speak for themselves. Just look at the facts below:
- Rapeseed oil has half the saturated fat of olive oil
- Brock and Morten rapeseed oil is 100% British, grown and produced in Derbyshire by our own hands!
- With a high burning point of 220 ºc, rapeseed oil is considered a healthier alternative to other options such as vegetable, olive and sunflower oils.
- Rapeseed oil is rich in Vitamin E and Omega 3,6 & 9.
- Brock and Morten rapeseed oil contains no artificial preservatives or colours. That beautiful golden colour is all natural!
- Rapeseed oil can reduce cholesterol and reduce the risk of heart disease.
- The British Heart Foundation recommends the use of rapeseed oil.
Below is a recipe for homemade hummus, using our delicious rapeseed oil. We think hummus makes the perfect addition to vegetable stick snacks and salads at this time of year.
Several glugs of Brock & Morten Rapeseed Oil
1 Tin of Chickpeas
1/2 Juiced Lemon
2 Garlic Cloves
1 tsp Tahini
1 tsp Ground Cumin
Salt and Pepper
Drain the chickpeas and rinse (save a few for serving).
Combine the chickpeas, lemon juice, garlic, cumin, salt, tahini and the oil in a food processor and blend to a creamy puree or leave more chunky if you prefer.
Add more lemon juice, garlic, cumin or salt to taste. Drizzle with some oil and scatter with reserved chickpeas.
Serve with warm pitta bread or vegetable sticks. Also great alongside a warm or cold salad.