A Healthy Soup
With the darker nights looming, there has never been a better time to get practicing perfecting healthy, yet hearty soups, for the upcoming colder months.
One of our current favourites is Pea Soup with Prawns.
One key feature within the Pea and prawn Soup is that we use our very own Brock & Morten Rapeseed Oil. Not only is Rapeseed Oil low in saturated fat, it will also provide you with a great boost of Vitamin E and Omega 3,6 and 9. If you are interested in finding out more about the health benefits of our Rapeseed Oils you can click here.
Now, let’s get started!
- 500g Fresh or frozen peas
- 150g Potatoes (peeled and chopped into medium sized cubes)
- 800ml Chicken stock
- 3tbsp Brock & Morton Rapeseed Oil
- 1 Red onion
- 1 Garlic clove
- 1 Celery stick
- 1 tsp Paprika
- ½ Nutmeg, grated
- Salt and pepper
- King prawns, enough for 3 per serving.
- Roughly chop the onion. Heat the oil in a pan and cook the onion on a medium heat until soft then add the potato and garlic. Add the chicken stock and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the peas and celery and continue to cook with the lid on for around 10 minutes (until the potatoes are cooked through). While still on the heat add the paprika and nutmeg and stir in well.
- Remove from the heat and pour into a blender. Blend on a high setting for approximately 5 minutes until the consistency is smooth. Season to taste and then blend for a few seconds.
- Toss your prawns into a hot pan, fry for a few minutes in a flavoured Brock and Morten rapeseed oil to suit your taste.
- Pour the soup into bowls, drizzle Brock & Morton Rapeseed Oil on the top then the cooked prawns.
We hope you enjoy the taste as much as we do! If you decide to have a go yourself don’t forget to tag us in your pictures on social media.