Homemade Gift Idea - Chocolate Truffles
We think that homemade gifts at Christmas are so special. Of course, everyone loves the latest gadgets and luxury perfumes, but when you know someone has taken the extra time to make a gift for a loved one, they are certainly the gifts you'll treasure.
With that, we thought it would be a lovely idea to create a blog about a rather delicious homemade recipe of Rapeseed oil, Chilli and Rosemary Chocolate Truffles. Whether you want to bake it for yourself, your loved ones, or take the opportunity to bake with your children for them to give to their friends or family; it is almost guaranteed that they will go down a treat!
Rapeseed Oil, Chilli and Rosemary Chocolate Truffles
- 1 tbsp. Brock & Morten Rapeseed Oil
- 100g dark chocolate
- 85g double cream
- 1 small spring rosemary
- ½ medium hot red chilli
- Place the cream, rosemary and chilli into a small saucepan, bring to the boil and then switch the heat off, leave to infuse for 5 minutes, pour the cream through a sieve into a small bowl.
- Meanwhile melt the chocolate in a heat proof bowl over a pan of just simmering water.
- When the chocolate has melted, take the bowl off the pan and place it onto a tea towel.
- Gradually add half the cream whisking really well as you go. The mixture will thicken and become glossy.
- Whisk in the rapeseed oil and then add the rest of the cream, mixing as you add it.
- Leave the ganache to set and go cold in the fridge then roll into small rounds and place on a tray.
- Roll these little truffles in cocoa powder and keep chilled. Serve straight from the fridge as a petit four after a meal.
- Alternatively melt a little more dark chocolate and place a blob on your palm, roll the truffle in your palm until coated and then place onto a tray, leave to set in the fridge and serve as above.
To find our full range of Brock & Morten Rapeseed Oils as well as our brand new Christmas hampers just click here.