Lemon Rapeseed Oil
With each evening offering that little extra bit of daylight, it has turned our thoughts towards Spring. We have been getting in the mood for those lighter, warming evenings filled with fresh seafood and maybe the odd delicious dessert with a glass of wine to conclude the evening!
Our classic Rapeseed Oil with added lemon essential oil offers all the health benefits you would find in the natural oil i.e. having the lowest saturated fat of any culinary oil as well as being big on flavour and extremely versatile.
As our Brock and Morten Lemon Rapeseed Oil is our product of the month we thought we would share with you our recipe for an extremely tasty yet light, Lemon and Almond Cake.
- 100ml Brock and Morten Lemon Rapeseed Oil
- 225g caster sugar
- 3 large eggs
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 250g self-raising flour
- Juice of 1 lemon and 3tbsp of icing sugar for the drizzle
- 50g ground almonds
- Preheat oven to 180C/Gas 4 and rub a little Brock and Morten Rapeseed Oil into a medium cake tin.
- Put the Lemon Rapeseed Oil, sugar, lemon zest and the eggs into a bowl and mix until light and foamy.
- Add the flour and almonds and stir in gently.
- Pour the mixture into your oiled cake tin and bake for around 40-50 minutes.
- Leave the cake to cool slightly, then tip onto a rack.
- For the lemon drizzle, mix the lemon juice with icing sugar. Drizzle all over the cake.
- Serve with double cream for the ultimate treat!
And there you have it, a very tasty dessert that gives you a sense of Spring being just around the corner, plus the added bonus of a healthy Rapeseed Oil!
If you decide to bake this weekend, make sure you tag us on social to get the recognition you deserve @brockandmorten!