Product of the Month - Natural Rapeseed Oil
For November, our product of the month is our delicious Natural Rapeseed Oil. Not only does this rapeseed oil offer countless health benefits, our natural rapeseed oil is ideal for most dishes, from roasting, stir-frying, baking and dressings.
This month we have started to think about delicious desserts that all of the family can enjoy during the seasonal period, and what better place to start practising than with a delicious Cheesecake. This super yummy recipe uses our natural rapeseed oil for part of the process.
Here is cheesecake, but not as you know it!
This recipe is a little more challenging than some of our usual recipies, but it is well worth the effort.
Cheesecake with salted caramel popcorn, blackberry curd and gingernut crumble
Cooking time: 30 minutes to one hour
For the cheesecake
- 250g/9oz mascarpone cheese
- 125ml/4fl oz. double cream
- 125ml/4fl oz. plain yoghurt
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
For the blackberry curd
- 100g/3½oz blackberries
- 1 large free-range egg
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- 1 tbsp. caster sugar
- 50g/1¾oz butter
For the gingernut crumble
- 35g unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp. soft brown sugar
- 35g/1¼oz plain flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- ¾ tbsp. golden syrup
- 1 ball stem ginger in syrup, finely chopped
For the salted caramel
- 50g/1¾oz caster sugar
- 10g/1/3oz unsalted butter
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
For the popcorn
- Knob of butter
- Drop Brock & Morten Natural Rapeseed Oil
- 1 tbsp. popcorn kernels
- To make the cheesecake, whisk together the mascarpone, cream, yoghurt, half of the lemon juice and all the zest. Spread into a dish and place in the fridge.
- Meanwhile, to make the blackberry curd, mash the blackberries in a bowl with a fork, and push through a sieve into a large saucepan. Add the egg, lemon zest, juice, sugar and butter.
- Place the pan over a medium heat. Stir until thick and then remove from the heat. Transfer to a clean bowl and place in the fridge.
- Preheat the oven to 200C/180C Fan/Gas 6 and line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- To make the ginger nut crumble, cream together the butter and sugar in a large bowl. Add the remaining ingredients and mix well. Place 12 heaped teaspoons of the mixture on the lined baking tray, allowing room for them to spread. Bake for 10 minutes and then leave to cool. Break into crumbs in a bowl.
- To make the salted caramel, place the sugar and 100ml/3½fl oz. water in a saucepan placed over a high heat. Bring up to a temperature of 185C without stirring. (You can do this by eye – when the caramel has reached a lovely golden-brown colour, it is ready.) Remove from the heat and carefully add the butter, salt and vanilla extract (the hot sugar will spatter and could burn you). Keep stirring until the caramel stops bubbling and spitting.
- To make the popcorn, heat the knob of butter and drop of Brock & Morten Natural Rapeseed Oil in a large pan over a medium heat, add the popcorn kernels, cover with a lid and leave to pop. When the popcorn has finished popping; stir in the salted caramel.
- Layer the cheesecake mix in serving glasses with the blackberry curd on top. Decorate with the crumbled ginger nut and popcorn and serve.
Admittedly, there are a few elements to prepare for this, but trust us, the results are spectacular.
Remember to tag us in your posts if you take on the challenge!