Product of The Month - Truffle Oil
This month our product of the month is the extremely versatile, Truffle Oil. Below we have the perfect recipe for you to use this delicious oil in. You can also get 20% off this oil in our online shop using code: TRUFFLE20 until the end of September.
With the children back to school and the hopeful thoughts of summer days slowly drifting
away, we think it is a great time to try our extremely tasty and comforting meal, that will
most definitely leave everybody wanting more!
Mushroom Risotto with Truffle Oil – cooking time: 20 minutes
o Large knob of butter
o 1 onion, finely chopped
o 1 garlic clove, finely sliced
o 30g/1¼oz dried porcini mushrooms, soaked in a bowl of warm water for twenty
o 450g/1lb mushrooms
o 300g/10½oz rice
o Splash of Rapeseed Oil
o 250ml/8¾ fl oz. dry white wine
o 1.5 litres/2 pints 12¾fl oz. chicken stock (or vegetable stock)
o ½ bunch parsley, roughly chopped
o 100g/3½oz parmesan, or similar vegetarian hard cheese, finely grated
o Drizzle Truffle Oil, to serve
1. Melt the butter in a deep frying pan over a medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and fry
gently until translucent
2. Drain the soaked porcini, reserving about 300ml/10½fl oz. of the soaking water
3. Increase the heat to high and add the mushrooms to the pan. Cook over a high heat for 2-3
minutes and then add the rice. If at this point the mixture is drying out add a splash of
Rapeseed Oil. Fry the mixture for 2-3 minutes until the rice is slightly translucent
4. Add the wine and simmer until the liquid is mostly absorbed, then add a ladleful of stock
5. Continue to cook the rice, adding a ladleful of stock at a time and stirring continuously until
the liquid is absorbed by the rice. The rice should take about 15-18 minutes to cook
6. Once the rice is tender, take the pan off the heat and stir in the parsley and parmesan
7. Divide the risotto among four serving plates, drizzle with Truffle Oil and serve
And just like that… a warm, hearty meal!
We hope you love it just as much as we do, please let us know if you have any other
delicious recipes that require our yummy Truffle Oil.